Sesame seed, also known as beniseed, is one of the several minor oilseeds that are valued because of their unique properties as well as nutritional and health benefits. Sesame seed oil is extracted from sesame seeds.
Of significant interest in sesame seed is the high oil content ranging from 42–56 %. It is highly resistant to oxidation due to the presence of antioxidants such as sesamin, sesamol, and sesamolin. Making it highly stable upon exposure to oxygen, heat, and light.
• Cooking: light yellow sesame oil with a bit of nutty flavor can be used for deep frying. While the dark-colored oil with aromatic flavor is best used for stir-frying or added to meals at the end of preparations.
•It is also used widely for the production of margarine and shortening,
•It can also be used as an ingredient in manufacturing of body and hair products such as soaps, lotion, cream, hair oil e.t.c.
•It can also be used in the confectionary industries
•Massaging: in Ayurveda medicine, the oil is rubbed externally on the skin to improve energy flow and help free the body from impurities.
•Oil pulling: in Ayurveda, sesame oil is regarded as an anti-bacterial mouthwash and it can also be applied to nostrils to relieve anxiety and insomnia.
How to extract sesame seeds oil from sesame seeds.( unit operations) :
- Cleaning: Clean sesame seeds to remove dirt and other impurities such as stones, straws, and sand.
- Conditioning: During conditioning, the temperature of the seeds is increased to 47–50°C. Conditioning enhances oil extraction, oil quality, and yield.
- Pressing: This is the oil extraction proper, This can be done using a screw oil press. Pressing results in two products, crude sesame oil, and cake. The cake can be sold as animal feed.
- Filtering: The resulting crude sesame oil is filtered to remove impurities that may be present to obtain pure sesame oil.
- Filling: Cleaned oil is filled into bottles of different sizes, covered and sealed.
- Labeling and Packaging: Covered bottles are labeled and packaged in cartons.
Pure sesame seed oil can be refined in order to improve its color, taste, and smell by degumming, neutralization, bleaching, and deodorization.
Click this link to purchase pure sesame seed oil https://flutterwave.com/store/queenoil
Click this link to learn how to start a sesame seed oil business https://mailchi.mp/b29c7c51ebe4/oilbusiness-sales-page